Question: Is Mailchimp Good for Email Marketing?
Question: Is Mailchimp Good for Email Marketing?
The first email was sent over four decades ago. Who knew that it will give rise to one of the most important digital marketing methods today, email marketing?
Email marketing is regarded as one of the best marketing methods today because of the high ROI and the results it produces.
There are so many email marketing platforms available on the market today. One of the most profound is Mailchimp.
Is Mailchimp good for email marketing? Is it easy to learn? How can one use Mailchimp for email marketing? Continue reading this post to find out the answers to these questions and several other FAQs.
What is Mailchimp Email Marketing?
As mentioned above, there are several email marketing platforms on the market, and Mailchimp is one of them.
It is an email marketing automation platform designed to allow users to create emails, send them, and access analytics.
This software presents an array of features that ensure email tracking, ad campaign transparency, and efficient subscriber management.
One of the biggest pluses about Mailchimp is that it is a freemium software. This means that you can enjoy some of the features for free while you need to pay to enjoy the complete package.
The free package allows you to send about 12,000 emails in a month to 2,000 subscribers. You also have access to some of the features like creating ad campaigns and marketing automation. There is also a mobile application for easy access on the go.
Is Mailchimp Easy to Learn?
If you are just starting with email marketing, you want a platform that is pretty easy to learn, use, and navigate. As such, it is not strange to hear people ask if Mailchimp is easy to learn.
Unlike many of the other email marketing solutions on the market, Mailchimp is pretty easy to use. In fact, most email specialists recommend this platform for novices and small businesses. Its features may not be so many, but they are sufficient for novices and intermediate email marketers.
One of the most likable things about Mailchimp is the user interface. This platform has a pretty intuitive user interface that allows you to understand it better with practice. Once you watch a few tutorials, you should have a clear understanding of what to do on the platform.
How to use Mailchimp for email marketing
Now that you know what Mailchimp is, let’s look at how to use it for email marketing. Before then, here are a few reasons why you should consider Mailchimp over other email marketing solutions:
- Trusted service with a great track record.
- Efficient integration with other interfaces like WordPress.
- Superior user experience.
- Intuitive user interface.
- Easy to use and allows you to create email templates without coding.
Great!!! How do you use Mailchimp for email marketing? Check out the tips below:
Create an account
The first thing you should do is to set up your account on the platform. Simply click on “Sign Up Free” on the website’s homepage. Provide your email address along with a username and password. Click on “Create My Account” once you are done.
You should get a confirmation email in your inbox. Click on this email and provide the necessary info. After doing all of this, you are set to start using Mailchimp for email marketing.
Know the dashboard
Understanding your dashboard is the key to running successful email marketing campaigns using this platform. If you understand WordPress, it should be pretty easy. Here are a few things you need to know:
- Create a list: This is where you find all your subscribers.
- Create and send campaigns: You set up new campaigns here and Mailchimp calls these campaigns “email broadcasts.”
- Invite your colleagues: Mailchimp allows you to work with several individuals. You can add members of your team here.
- Start building your audience: You create your sign-up forms here.
Create your email list
Now that you understand your dashboard, let’s show you how to create your first list. Take the steps below:
Step 1: Click on “Create a List.”
Second step: Provide the required information.
Step 3: Add a “List Name.” Note that your subscribers can see this name so you should make it catchy. Your best bet is using your website or business name.
Step 4: Provide a “From email.” This is the address that your recipient will see in their inboxes as the sender. Make this email official instead of a Gmail account.
Step 5: Choose a “From name.” This name also appears in your recipients’ inboxes so choose something official like your name or business name.
Step 6: Provide a reminder on how each recipient got on your list. This way, they don’t report you as spam.
Step 7: Add information about your business. This information shows at the end of your emails and it is necessary to legitimize your emails.
Step 8: Determine how Mailchimp will notify you of activities on your list.
Step 9: Save.
Great job so far, but your list is empty. You can easily import subscribers if you have a list stored on another service. Do this by going to the bottom of the page and clicking “Import subscribers.” This step shows you several ways to import contacts.
Set up your signup form
A signup form appears on your website. Visitors can then fill out this form to join your email list. Simply click on lists and then the drop-down menu on the right. Select “Signup forms” to choose the kind of signup form you want. The options include:
- General forms
- Embedded forms
- Form integrations
- Subscriber popup
We suggest that you stick to the first two if you are a novice or intermediate user. Choosing General forms allows you to choose how your emails look. You can opt for the “Build it” option that allows you to work with the drag and drop editor to add or remove fields from the form.
Alternatively, you can work with the “Design it” option that requires you to alter the design of your form easily. You can also translate the form if you need something for subscribers in a different language.
When you are done designing your form, your next step is to add it to your website. You can achieve this in different ways including:
- Plugin: This is the easiest method and it requires you to install the Mailchimp plugin for WordPress.
- Manually: Here, you copy an HTML code and paste it on any part of your WordPress website.
- Other: There are several other solutions such as SumoMe or WP Popup Plugin.
Create your email template
Well done, your list is all set up and ready to receive subscribers. It is time to create your first email template. Doing this ensures that your emails arrive in your subscribers’ inboxes in a polished format. Mailchimp makes this process easy because of the drag-and-drop editor.
Go to the top of your dashboard and click on “Create Template.” Doing this presents you with three options:
- Basic: In this case, you create your email template from scratch. It is pretty easy and allows you to control how you want your emails to look.
- Themes: If you are in a hurry, you can choose from a huge list of Mailchimp themes. These themes are split into different categories such as e-commerce, fitness, birthdays, etc.
- Code your own: If you have previously created a code for your preferred email template, this option works for you. Simply import the code, either in a zip file or HTML format.
Set up your first campaign
You must be excited at this point, after all, you just created your first email template. It is time to set up your first campaign. By now, you should have some subscribers on your list.
Click on “Campaigns” from your main dashboard and select “Create Campaign.” This action leads you to a submenu with different types of campaigns. The options include:
- Regular campaign: Allows you to send normal HTML emails attached with plain text to your subscribers.
- Plain-text campaign: Uses only text without any styling or images.
- A/B split campaign: Tests subject lines, timings, content, and sender names with different campaign versions.
- RSS-driven campaign: Allows you to send content from your RSS feed or another feed to your subscribers.
After choosing your type of email campaign, you have to select the email list you need to use. It can be your whole list or a segment, depending on your purposes. Once you are done with this, you need to do the following:
- Provide a campaign name.
- Enter an email subject line.
- Choose your “from email address and name.”
- Personalize the recipient field.
- Set your tracking options.
- Choose the email template you prefer for the campaign.
- Adjust your content to suit the template.
- Confirm your options and send your email.
Other Recommended Articles.
Mailchimp Email Marketing Pricing
Mailchimp has an array of benefits including pricing plans. This platform has an array of pricing plans for every kind of customer. Check out a summary below:
Mailchimp Marketing Platform
These are the options in this category:
- Free – $0/per month
- Essentials – $11/per month
- Standard – $17/per month
- Premium – $299/per month
Mailchimp Website and Commerce
Below are the options under this category:
Free -$0/per month
Core – $10/per month
Plus – $29/per month
Mailchimp Transactional Email
The options in this category include:
- 1 to 20 Blocks – $20/block (1 to 500k Emails)
- 21 to 40 Blocks – $18/block (500k to 1M Emails)
- 41 to 80 Blocks – $16/block (1M to 2M Emails)
- 81 to 120 Blocks – $14/block (2M to 3M Emails)
- 121 to 160 Blocks – $12/block (3M to 4M Emails)
- 161+ Blocks – $10/block (4M+ Emails)
Does Mailchimp Sell Email List?
Mailchimp is one of the leading email marketing platforms in the world. This platform, like many others, frowns at selling or buying email lists.
It works on a very strict “permission-based list policy.” As such, Mailchimp doesn’t sell, provide, rent, or share email lists with its users.
There is more. This platform doesn’t allow you to import purchased, rented, third-party, or publicly available lists into its system. Mailchimp expects you to add emails to your list organically.
In rounding up this post, we will answer some frequently asked questions about Mailchimp. Check them out below:
Is Mailchimp free to send emails?
Mailchimp is a freemium platform. This means that it has a free plan that allows you to send about 12,000 emails for free to about 2,000 subscribers in a month.
If you are a small business or you have a small email list, this is perfect for you. Experts suggest that you should start using Mailchimp with a free plan before transiting to any of the paid plans.
How does Mailchimp work?
Mailchimp is an email marketing platform that provides an all-in-one solution to your email marketing needs. This platform works perfectly for all types of businesses as it allows you to design email campaigns, send emails, and access analytics.
One of the biggest pluses of this platform is the drag-and-drop editor which makes designing emails very easy. You can also choose from any of the email templates available if you are in a hurry.
Is Mailchimp Good for Email Marketing? – Conclusion
Is Mailchimp Good for Email Marketing? This post has provided the answer to this question. The platform is one of the best email marketing automation applications available today.
It comes with several benefits and we have shown you how to use it to set up email marketing campaigns. Do you have any questions? Kindly drop them in the comments section below.